QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-01 > 1169240079

From: "B Benware Burt" <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Texas weather
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:15:29 -0500

I also wonder about cycles in weather, because I was recently transcribing a
relative's 1880 journal from Malone, NY (right on the Canadian border and
notoriously cold). In it he writes the January temperatures for each day,
many of them in the 30's and 40's and pronounces at the end of the month
that it had been an "unusually warm" month. 1880 was long before cars and
buses and the number of polluting factories that exist in today's world, so
I tend to take "global warming" with a grain of salt.
Barbara