QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2007-01 > 1169258397

From: J D v Dods <>
Subject: [Q-R] Lost Cousins matching site
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:59:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,
this site has recently added the 1881 Canadian Census
to it's matching programme & I have just loaded by
Scots Canadian Great-grandmother and her parent's,
siblings & cousins to my profile.
It is run by a British company which currently user
loaded data to link up people who share
ancestors and other relatives in the 1881 Scottish,
English, Welsh and Canadian census. (later in they
will add other census).
The site has been running for two years now.
You enter your people as transcribed by the LDS you
can also put corrected information in, as well as
married women's maiden names.
Then you can check for matches, if you get a match you
can email the other person through the site and once
contact is made you can exchange real email addresses
if you like & start sharing info with your new found
cousin.
Registration and basic membership is free. There is
also, full membeship which allows you to search by
maiden name to find that lost great-great aunt, who
vanished or check for corrected entries for the person
who have been mistranscribed or mis-enumerated, you
have to pay for this. But now and then they run free
weekends in which you can do the extra searches for
free.
They are currently running a promo in which if current
members get a few referals sign up they get bonus
months added to their sub.
If you want a referal I will email me with lost
cousins in subject line & I'll send you one.
You can check out the site yourself at
WWW.lostcousins.com for alook and sign up direct if
you prefer.
cheers
John Dods
Wellington, NZ

My appologees for the duplicate post, I also posted
this to the Montreal list to which I also belong.

Proud to be a transcriber for the freeCEN Project
and volunteer for Random Acts of Geneological Kindness
Ask me how you can contribute to either of these worthy projects or for other ways of helping our hobby.
Researching
BATTERS in Yorkshire
BENNIE in Lanarkshire, Dunbartonshire & West Lothian
BENNING in Lanarkshire & Montreal
COLLINS in California & PA
COOPER in Yorkshire
DODS in East Lothian, Berwickshire, British Columbia, Montreal,
Manchester, South Africa, Hong Kong, India
DOUGLAS in Lanarkshire
FENTON in Edinbugh
FISHER in Yorkshire
FORREST in South Africa
HAYTON in Yorkshire
HEWAT in East Lothian
LAMONT in Lanarkshire
LEGGAT in Monreal
MCLEAN in Argyllshire
RANKINE in Dunbartonshire, Perthshire
SEYMOUR in British Columbia & Montreal
SHIRREFF in East Lothian
SNELL in California, Oregeon
SUFFILL/SUFFIELD in Yorkshire
TROTTER, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, West Lothian
WATSON in Brantford & Barrie, Ontario.
WEIR in Argyllshire,Lanarkshie
WILLIAMSON in Edinburgh & North Berwick

TV dinner still cooling?