QUEBEC-RESEARCH-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC-RESEARCH > 2008-04 > 1209325365

From: Patty Frazer <>
Subject: Re: [Q-R] Funny Drouin Indexing Error
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry, Jackie - can't make it that easy. :)

I have not found his father or his "adoptive" Marcoux family and am still searching for that "quatrieme degre de parents" with the BOUVIER family; however, I have found (on actual marriage contract for Joseph and Marie-Josephte BOUVIER) his mother was Marie-Angélique ARPIN, daughter of Vital ARPIN and Marie-Josephte (dit BAUDREAU) GRAVELINE. Joseph was baptised as "Joseph Illeg." at Notre-Dame-du-Rosaire on 08 Nov 1798 (born 07 Nov 1798) - however, godmother is listed as Marie-Josephte GRAVELINE (grandmother). Later (13 Feb 1804), Marie-Angélique married Jean-Baptiste CODERRE and does acknowledge Joseph MARCOUX as her son and her CODERRE children acknowledge him as their brother. Joseph MARCOUX's second marriage was in 1835 to my ggg-grandmother, Hélène (dit Lafrance) JOURDAIN.

From past research efforts, I do have Joseph MARCOUX married to Geneviève NIQUET on 02 Oct 1815 at St-François-du-Lac, Yamaska -- that Joseph's parents were Jean-Baptiste MARCOUX and Marie-Marguerite LAFOND. I have Joseph and Geneviève with seven children and it appears they were located in the St-François-du-Lac, Yamaska, area. I haven't done a whole lot of research on them because I have not found they are related .... yet. :)

I do have a son named Joseph for Joseph MARCOUX and Geneviève NIQUET - I have him married to Emilie HAMEL (Charles & Marguerite BIRON) on 02 Oct 1815 at St-François-du-Lac, Yamaska.

Let me know if you would like any additional information.

patty

wrote:
Hi Patty,

Like you, I already had the marriage of Joseph MARCOU and Josephe BOUVIER in
my database (from the Drouin parish records on line) and am grateful that I
didn't try to find it through their "index"! There are so many errors in the
index that it really makes me appreciate those who worked on all the
individual parish marriage reps, as well as, Jette and Tanguay.

But according to the document that I saw, his parents were not listed but
there was a "quatrieme degre de parents". Do you know who his parents were?
(Make it easy on me and tell me they were JB and Marguerite LAFOND and this was
a second marriage after his m. to Genevieve NIQUET. :)

Let's hope this gets straightened out soon and there aren't too many more
"funny" Drouin indexing errors,

Jackie Hostage

listings at AOL Autos.