QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2002-04 > 1018484567

From: "Richard Mann" <>
Subject: [QUEBEC] FELION/ FILON ect Montreal, Ahuntsic QC 1923/24
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:22:54 +1200

Hi Listers,
Hope someone can give me some clues to this mystery.

Looking for the marriage of a Mr FELION / PHILON ect after 1881
to Anne Mary EWING b 1856 Hawkesbury
Marriage does not appear in anglican records in Hawkesbury where she lived
all her life.
I think they probably married over in Quebec - Grenville or Chatham,
Argenteuil area in a catholic Church.
Two other clues are that in 1923 they were in Ahuntsic, Quebec and in 1924
in Montreal, Quebec.
I wonder wether her name will be listed in a Montreal Directory,
as Anne Mary EWING or FILON, FELION
Sorry do not have his christian name. In 2 documents his christian name is
not mentioned and the spelling varies!!??
I gather this is a common name in Quebec.
Is Ahuntsic a suburb of Montreal or a village?
Thankyou
Sally.