QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2010-03 > 1268840950

From: Fr John L <>
Subject: Re: [QUEBEC] Baptisms at St-Basile Madawaska
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:49:10 -0400

The baptisms of Firmin Theodule and Simon Maxime Thibeaudeau are recorded on Drouin Image 79, folio 28 (verso) and folio 29 (recto), respectively. Both, as we have seen previously, are listed as being baptised on 18 March 1806. The last image in March and the first in April are recorded on Drouin image 89. The former: Bapteme de Marguerite Emerentienne Martin, vingt et un Mars de l'an mil huit cent six; the latter, Bapteme de Christophe Aiot, le quatre Avril de l'an mil huit cent six.

Conclusion: It is clear that Messire Charles Hott followed the Gregorian Calendar. I was rather hoping that there would be baptisms recorded on March 24 and 26, since the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25) marked the beginning of the Julian Calendar new year.

No such luck!

Fr John L