QUEBEC-L Archives

Archiver > QUEBEC > 2011-07 > 1310434237

From: "Murray Pletsch" <>
Subject: [QUEBEC] Scott NAYLOR.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:30:37 -0400

Dear Fellow Researchers:

With sincere regret and great sadness I dispatch the following obituary that
was published in the May 27, 2011 Ottawa Citizen. Scott's children wanted
this information passed to as many of Scott's website visitors as possible.

**************
NAYLOR, D. Scott Wednesday, May 25, 2011, at the age of 80. Beloved husband
of the late Doreen (nee Merrifield). Loving father of Ken (Pam) and their
children Ryan (Julie), Katie (Eric) and Jason; David (Debra) and their
children Andrea (Jeff), Eric and Alex; Nancy Hamilton (Bill); and Jeff.
Proud great-grandfather of Dawsyn. Dear brother of Peter (Pat). He will be
fondly remembered by his family and many friends. Friends are invited to
visit at the West Chapel of Hulse, Playfair & McGarry, 150 Woodroffe Avenue
(at Richmond Road) on Sunday, May 29 from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Private family
interment at a later date. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations to the
Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated.

***************
In late 2000, Scott contacted me and wanted to know all about my Gravemarker
Gallery website. He was very keen and eager to construct a similar website
in the Ottawa, Ontario Region. For those of you who have been researching
in the Ottawa area and Pontiac County in Quebec, you will recognize that
Scott has been photographing complete cemeteries and placing them on his
website since May 2001. His site was very popular and he enthusiastically
spent countless hours photographing grave markers and processing them for
his website.

Scott had asked that his website be merged into the Canadian Gravemarker
Gallery and with the blessing of his children, this merge process is
underway.

Sometime in the near future, the site in its present form will time out with
current subscription services ending. Throughout the next several months we
will start incorporating Scott's work, giving full credit to him and to his
faithful volunteers for their years of hard work. We will give this merging
process top priority and monthly updates on the Canadian Gravemarker Gallery
will reflect our progress.

Bye for now...............Murray Pletsch
*
Cdn Gravemarker Gallery - http://gravemarkers.ca
*

This thread: