RADABAUGH-L Archives

Archiver > RADABAUGH > 2004-10 > 1096638894

From: "Margaret L. Sopp" <>
Subject: Re: (Adam of WV)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:55:17 -0500

Cheryl wrote:
> My list begins with Peter Reidenbach and unknown
> Johann H Reidenbach & Anna Apalonia Reigel
>Adam Radabaugh & Maria Barbara Fischer
>Henry Radabaugh & Catherine Buzzard
> Jesse Radabaugh & Delilah Spriggs
> Edward Jordan Radabaugh & Rachel Ellen McCain
> William Radabaugh & Olive Florence Toland
>Charley Radabaugh & Ethel Kelley
>Charles Radabaugh & Helen Sigmund
>Then me Cheryl Radabaugh Brandt
<snip>

Your line is the same as mine & Pat's. . .all of us descended
from J. Heinrich Reidenbach & Anna Apolonia Reigel. I had Adam
in my files and 7 kids for him but no dates. Do you have dates
for his children? I'd like to add that information to my
database.

I don't have the name of Peter Reidenbach's wife, either. Does
anyone?

Here's what I have in my Notes:

From Margaret's Notes:
"Johann Heinrich ("Henry") Reidenbach was born in Barweiler,
Rheinland-Pfalz, the son of Peter Reidenbach. Information
compiled by James Reigle indicates that Henry was born in 1697.
Henry married Anna Apolonia Riegel, the daughter of Johann Jacob
Riegel, who was from Otzweiler. They were married in Becherbach
as there was no church at Otzweiler. Barweiler, where Heinrich
was born, is within walking distance of Becherbach and
Otzweiler. These villages can be found on a modern map of
Germany between Idar-Oberstein and Bad Kreuznach. (As an aside,
when I was a little girl, my father was in the Army and we lived
in Idar-Oberstein; my mother had no clue she was then living in
the same area as her ancestors.)

"The church records (Karen Gross' records indicate she searched
the Familienbuch at the church in Becherbach near Kirn, Bad
Kreuznach, Rheinland-Pfalz; the family of Johann Heinrich
Reidenbach and Anna Apolonia Riegel is found on page 138) for
Becherbach Evangelical Lutheran Church list christenings for
eight of Heinrich and Anna Apolonia's 12 children. The other
four children were born after the family left Otzweiler and
probably after they arrived in America.

"Research done by German researcher Karen Gross for Joan
Klingler, a descendant of Heinrich and Anna Apolonia through
their daughter, Anna Maria, indicates that Heinrich Reidenbach
of Otzweiler, his wife and eight children, were granted
permission to leave for America on 19 Apr 1738 (Werner Hacker:
Auswanderung aus Rheinpfalz und Saarland im 18. Jahrhundret.
Konrad Theiss Verlas, Stuttgart, 1987, p. 602: 11703
REIDENBACH, Henrich, Otzweiler, mit Wb, 8 Ki; Mn -61/34 ...n13
1738 04 19)."

Hope this helps someone. I think there is a good chance we
could learn Peter's wife's name by looking at earlier church
records. The German church records are generally pretty good
and I've used microfilm at LDS for some of my other lines. I
haven't personally done any research on the Radabaugh/Reidenbach
family in German records.

Margaret

This thread: