RAMEY-L Archives

Archiver > RAMEY > 2007-05 > 1178886661

From: "Griffett, Sandy" <>
Subject: Re: [RAMEY] Book "Remy Family In America"
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:31:01 -0400

Where was James Ramey of Revolutionary War? There is a James Ramey
in 1820 Woodford County, Kentucky census. Same person? I'm trying
to connect this James to my great grandfather, Andrew Jackson Ramey, who
was born in Woodford County in 1828. Andrew named his first child
James so that is a tiny clue that perhaps Andrew was the son of a James
Ramey.

This Ramey bunch is mind-boggling! They appear in a census and then
don't show up in the next one then they appear again.

I haven't read the Remy book but have always heard that it was basically
a work of fiction. Thanks so much for your diligent efforts in
correcting the errors.

And if any of my Ramey cuzs know anything about Andrew Jackson Ramey
(born 1828) or Francis Ramey (born around 1832) please let me know!

Sandra Griffett
Human Resources
Winchester Lamp Plant
859-745-3354