RAMSEY-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > RAMSEY-DNA > 2009-11 > 1257427426

From: SC <>
Subject: Re: [RAMSEY-DNA] TN to TX
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 05:23:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,
  I have Ramsey families that were connected in Edgefield, SC....Marion Thomas Ramsey..born 1812...His father's name was John Ramsey....(no other information except that he was married to a daughter of Chief Oconostoa(Cherokee...SO) her name was Morning.  Their son Marion (Thomas) Ramsey married Mary Anne Henderson...and from the stories told they left SC because of the Civil War by pack horse and went to Alabama...Tallapoosa in fact...where they bought land and were farmers.  But when the war reached them....they formed a wagon train and were headed to Texas.  The families stopped in Mississippi....and some of them stayed there and did quite well and then moved on to LA and a few Ramsey families made it to Texas.  However, my Ramsey connection only made it to LA. They live in the Monroe, West Monroe., Minden, Sibley, Doyline, Shreveport, LA.  And the rest of the families are in Arkansas and Texas as well.
  I have not been able to get the DNA tests done...most of the older Ramsey men are gone now and I have only one Uncle that I can get the test done on.  But since doing my research I found all the Ramsey relatives and a few others as well. I just wished that I could get the rest of it down.  There is a possiblility that my John Ramsey from SC was one of the sons mentioned in a will left by his father leaving land to them.  I have one connection that states that they had a missing Ramsey family that lived in Edgefield, SC.  I'm pretty sure that is my lineage....if it is...then this Ramsey family came over from Ireland and landed at the New Oreleans Port...went up through Arkansas to Tennessee then to NC back to Tenn. and then to SC.
I hope we can make a connection one day. Hope you can help me do that; so that I can pass it on to my cousins and other relatives.  It would be and end to a search that has been going on every since I started doing my research in 1999.  Wished I would have started it sooner than that.
God Bless !!!

Shirley