RAWLS-L Archives

Archiver > RAWLS > 1999-08 > 0934601672

From: bobby ray rawls <>
Subject: [RAWLS-L] WILLIAM LOCKHART RAWLS
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:34:32 -0500

CYD,

Yes I have that, just buried under my mountain of info. andwould take too
long to dig out. I will have to get it on computer. I beleive they were
from RICHLAND CO., SC., and think he may have been of GABRIEL'S family.

It also has in that bible where his wife died (WILLIAM LOCKHART RAWLS )
that is.

SARAH RAWLS had told me several years ago about a RAWLS donating a clock
to the VICKSBURG museum in VICKSBURG, MISSISSIPPI. I assumed it was from
the family of CLAUDIUS RAWLS, probably his wife ELIZABETH.

I sent for a copy of it.

Surprise, it was a letter from SOPHIE ADAMS GOODRUM which she had out in
the clock years before she died. The clock had belonged to her mother MARY
RAWLS ADAMS wife of JOHN ADAMS and sister of course to JOHN C. RAWLS.

I now have the journal-diary of SOPHIE ADAMS GOODRUM, a picture of her and
her husband JOHN ADAMS dated 5 JULY 1856, and now a letter written by
SOPHIE ADAMS GOODRUM as well.

She spoke of the clock striking by it self sometimes without it being
wound and they say when SOPHIE died in 1910 the clock struck again.

I sent for the record of GABRIEL being sued by CHARLES GILMORE in 1770 in
JOHNSTON CO., NC. I should hear something soon. I also ordered the probate
of FREDERICK FREEMAN where GABRIEL announced hisdeath in the 25 MILE CREEK
MEETING HOUSE in 1782.

STEVE RALLS found the plats for SILAS & JOSEPH in SOUTH CAROLINA in the
1780's, I will order them as well.

Good progress.

WILLIAM LOCKHART RAWLS, along with HARRIS RAWLS were possibly sons or
grandsons of GABRIEL, I am still checking.

Thanks.

BOBBY RAWLS

This thread: