RAYNOR-L Archives

Archiver > RAYNOR > 1999-11 > 0941902857

From: "gencon" <>
Subject: [RAYNOR] Elizabeth Raynor/Thomas Southworth m. 1641
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:40:57 -0800

I have an ....
Elizabeth RAYNOR d/o Thurston 1) and his wife Elizabeth .............
b 1625 Elmstett, Suffolk, England

Elizabeth was 9 years old when she was brought to this county by her parents
in 1635.

This is all I know of her... source: Savage v3 p514 under Thurston RAYNER/
RAYNOR..REYNOR...REYNER

I looked further and found in Savage vol 4 p143 under Thomas SOUTHWORTH
this:

"THOMAS, Plymouth, br of Constant, prob. younger, came with him, was a
milit. lieut. and capt. an Assist. 1652 and twelve times aft. until 1667, d.
8 Dec 1669, in his 53rd yr. He and his br. Constant were among the purch. of
Dartmouth. He m Sep 1641, Elizabeth d/o Rev John REYNER, and only d Eliz.
wh. md 7 Dec 1664, lieut. Joseph, s. of John HOWLAND of the Mayflower's
glourious comp."

Pope's Pioneers of MA., p379 has Rev. John REYNOR listed..with Elizabeth as
his daughter, and also his brother Humphrey.. Now I don't know where my
Thurston RAYNOR fits into their family, or if he does...does anyone know?

So... your Elizabeth was the d/o Rev John RAYNOR .

This is what Pope says of Rev. John
"Rev John, b at Gildersome, county York came in 1635 or 1636 to Plymouth.
Was chosen teacher; lands granted him 6 Feb 1636. Frm. 6 Mar 1637/8. Wrote a
letter on Moral Laws in 1642. [B] Was called to be pastor at Dover, N.H.
and rem. thither. He md 1st a dau of ......... BOYES; he m. 2,
Frances CLARKE sho had been a maid servant in the family of Rev. John WILSON
and was sid,. to the chh. of Plyn. 18. (7) 1642, Ch. Jachin, Anna, [md Job
LANE] John, Elizabeth, Dorothy, Abigial, Judith, a dau b 26 Dec 1647, Joseph
b 15 Aug 1650 d 3 Nov 1652.

Mr John RAYNOR, teacher of Dover church d 21 (2) 1669; Mr. J. R. pastor of
do. d 21 (10) 1676. [S]. [see LANE Family papers in Reg X1 and B.]."

Under Humphrey it calls his bro of Rev. John...

Thanks,
Wilma Fleming Haynes