REDDOCH-L Archives

Archiver > REDDOCH > 2006-01 > 1138481101

From: "James Allen Reddoch" <>
Subject: Re: [REDDOCH] Re: [REDDICK/R320] 1840s GA: Daniel Reddick md. Sarah Jane Hamilton
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:45:01 -0600

Hi Dale,
These Daniels like that Abraham in your last series of emailings keep
popping up:
However the only Daniel I have is my 2 G Great Grandpa the one you referred
to from Mississippi who married his second cousin Nancy Worthy.
This Abraham seems to be the one that we keep finding. If we ever find a
Reddick that matches our Reddochs he will probably be a descendant of
Abraham and Hannah.
James
"William Reddox and Abraham Reddix are among those listed as soldiers of
"The Line" in the Appendix of "Story of GA and the People of GA", p 625.
"It is possible that some of the earlier Georgia Reddochs (ick,ock) came
from North Carolina before the Revolution. Some probably returned to North
Carolina when the War began for safety as well as to fight with the
Colonists. One such was Abraham, with his wife, Hannah and a daughter, he
received a grant for 100 ac in 1773 on the upper side of the Broad River
near the mouth. Following the Revolution Abraham received several grants in
Greene, Wilkes and Washington counties Georgia. He died in 1853 in Jasper
Co, Georgia at 94 years of age. His birth date was ca 1759. Although there
is no evidence of direct relation to William, it is likely that they were
related-possibly brothers or cousins. They lived near each other in Wilkes,
Washington and Hancock Counties. (1)" From "Reddoch Relatives" Introduction.