RHODES-L Archives

Archiver > RHODES > 1998-10 > 0909515794

From: "Beau Rhodes" <>
Subject: Re: [RHODES-L] Henry Rhodes
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:16:34 -0500

Dorothy,
My line goes Eden RHODES b 27 Feb 1792 in Johnston Co. NC. d. 9 Mar 1861
in Johnston Co NC. m Elizabeth BRENT 20 Aug 1819 in Johnston Co NC., Joseph
Edward RHODES b. 10 Aug 1825 in Johnston Co. NC. d. 22 Apr 1883 in Johnston
Co NC m. Elizabeth LEE 5 Sep 1854 in Johnston Co NC, John Richard RHODES b.
24 Sep 1873 in Johnston Co NC. d 13 Apr 1921 in Johnston Co NC. m. Mattie
GRANTHAM 16 Sept 1906 in Johnston Co NC., Joseph Ishmael RHODES b 7 Jan 1909
in Johnston Co NC d. 16 Jun 1958 in Wayne Co NC. m Thelma CARMACK in 23 Jan
1933 in Wayne Co NC, and me Beau Rhodes.
I know this dont answer your question but that is part of our problem.
We dont know where Eden's parents came from. We cant find any records of
them or of any siblings. As you probably know the record from Dobbs Co that
Johnston and Wayne were formed from were destroyed in fire. Note that
Elizabeth BRENT's parents came Halifax Co NC. Eden Married Elizabeth BRENT.
A John RHODES married Elizabeth's sister Charlotte BRENT in 14 Sep 1814. Who
was John RHODES. A good chance is it was Eden's brother or a cousin. Maybe
even his Father. It is a good chance they are connected to your Henry
RHODES. If you can solve that riddle you will be a heroine. You will make a
lot of people jump for joy and very happy. We are stumped on our RHODES line
at Eden RHODES.
Send me your line and we will compare notes.
Thanks
Beau Rhodes