RHODES-L Archives

Archiver > RHODES > 2005-09 > 1126295029

Subject: Re: Moses Rhodes/Mary Mead Loudoun Co., Va.
Date: 9 Sep 2005 13:43:49 -0600

Surnames: Rhodes, Mead, Worrell, Abrell
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/FlCBAEB/334.2

Message Board Post:

Hi! I realize this was posted about 5 years ago, but I just came across the post and thought I'd throw in what I have to try to help....if not the original researcher, then maybe someone else. Or maybe it'll fix my records, which are not proven!

My main research area is the Mead/Meade family.

This is what I have on Moses Rhodes:

Rhodes, Moses
b. 1724 Chester County, PA
d. Jul 1769 Loudoun Co, VA
m. Mead, Mary Aug 30 1747

father: John Rhodes b.before 1680 Augusta County, Virginia
d. Nov 12 1748 Overwharton Parish, Stafford Co, VA

mother: Ann___ b.1700
d. 1759 Stafford Co, VA

Married in Fairfax, Virginia Signed his will July 1769. Died before November 13, 1769. Moses is buried in Goose Creek Cemetery, Lincoln, Loudoun Co, VA. Moses inherited a slave called Mallow as part of his father`s estate.

Mary Mead, daughter of William Mead & Ellen Worrell, was born 1732 Lower Makefield Twp, Bucks Co, PA
and died 1787 Loudoun Co, VA.

MARY MEAD RHODES FAIRFAX MONTHLY MEETING 1758 2nd Month, 25th Day Several years past went out in marriage and suffered herself to be disowned for which she confesses her great fault and great sorrow, readmitted with her children at her request.

The Quaker faith continued for a very short time in this family.
Daughter of Moses Rhodes & Mary Mead was Hannah Rhodes, who married Robert Mead. Robert was the son of John Mead & Mary Abrell....and John was the brother of William Mead, the father of Mary Mead. That made Hannah and Robert cousins, so they got kicked out of the church as well. John and Robert had another brother, Samuel, who was disowned for fighting in the Spanish American war.
My ancestors, Robert & Hannnah, had Moses Mead, who turned out to be a Baptist preacher & faith healer.

Here's my family tree if anyone is interested:

http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/mrslaron2002

Take Care, Lisa

This thread: