RICE-L Archives

Archiver > RICE > 2001-01 > 0980912751

From: Ronald K Rice <>
Subject: Re: [RICE-L] Some interesting facts on these TN Rice's and Moores
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:45:51 -0800

Will, You have Dangerfield's children wrong. You have his brother's
(Ezekiel) children that went to Randolph Co., AR.
Absalom Looney did go over the Blueridge Mts to the Yadkin. It is
in his father's records that when he came back he was to receive some of
the old man's (Robert)
Land. His dad was a mess but his brother Col. David Looney was quite
noted. Much was written on the Looneys.
I'm off of the Looneys and the Rices. I don't have John Rice's (of
Hawkins Co)
wife or his son William's wife.

From the William Stubblefield family alone we have:
Rhoda Stubblefield marring Wm. LOONEY son of Micheal
and Grandson of Absalom Looney.
Coleman Stubblefield, Col married martha Ann LOONEY
Fielding Stubblefield, Sr. married Eliz. RICE daughter
of John Rice of Hawkins, Dangerfield Rice named his children with
wife Margaret Looney Rice after the children of his sister Eliz Rice
Stubblefield. Fielding's second wife was Sarah HUDDLESTON. (Jesse Lewis
Married Eunice Huddleston).
Ezekiel Rice, john of Hawkins grandson married Louisa
Stubblefield, daughter of Fielding Stubblefield, Sr.
I have ABSALOM LOONEY marring Margaret MOORE.
Edmond Rice son of John of Hawkins married Anna
Stubblefield.
Thena Stubblefield married Joseph LOONEY
Two children married McWilliams and
William Stubblefield, Jr. married Mary L. NEAL
All of these people lived on the Yadkin where the Rices and even Daniel
Boone lived.
Others I have are:
Serena Margaret Looney married Abraham B. Stubblefield
Margaret Looney, granddaughter of Col. David Looney
(Absalom's brother) Married Clinton Stubblefield.
Can you put down in order what you have on the Moores? Could David
Moore be Brother in Law to Absalom Looney and Fielding Moore his father
in Law???
With all these marriages and children named Fielding, I think there must
be That connection! Hope so! Keep Hunting,
Ronnnnnnnn Rice

This thread: