RICH-L Archives

Archiver > RICH > 2007-02 > 1170440358

From: david rich <>
Subject: Re: [RICH] William Rich and Polly Ellen Hooker---Tenn.
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:19:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Carl,

I am just beginning to trace my roots. My Dad is Richard Rich b. September 4, 1917, and still living. He was born to a single mother, Maude Stanley, in the Boston area. She gave my Dad the surname of his biological Father's last name, which was RICH. My Dad's biological father was Arthur Rich, and that is where it ends. If you have any family roots back to Mass. or Hew Hampshire, would appreciate their names. Thanks.

David Rich

CARL CASON <> wrote:
Hello, Monte.

My Rich line is through William and Polly Hooker Rich and their son John Rich who lived in Jackson and Clay Co., Tenn. I have a cousin whose line is through John's brother, Jesse Rich, who also lived part of his life in Jackson/Clay Co. John married Virginia Jane Peak and later Rachael Pipkins. Jesse married Elizabeth Savage.

I agree with you about the 1909 Cherokee applications. Just about all of my Riches applied, too, but were not accepted.

Are you in either of these lines?

Carl Cason