RICHARDSON-L Archives

Archiver > RICHARDSON > 2012-05 > 1336928244

From: Gary A Richardson <>
Subject: Re: [RICHARDSON] Clarissa Day Richardson much more available onrequest. DCR
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 12:57:24 -0400

That's her! I've been in the house, visiting Mrs. Locke. She gave me the book of poems, and a record of something called the "Lyceum in District No. 6 in Franklin" (MA), commenced Dec 9th, 1845.

Participants included Stephen W. Richardson (my 3 x great grandfather), Charles A. Richardson (mentioned below), Elisha F. Richardson, Clarissa's brother; Nancy A. Richardson, sister to Clarissa; and a host of other folks from Franklin, many of whom were cousins and otherwise related to the Richardson family.

Bacon, Partridge, Bullard, Fisher, Blake and Ware are some of the surnames of the other participants whom I recognize from the family tree.

The Lyceum appears to be a sort of weekly or monthly discussion group, usually picking a particular topic for each meeting, with formal minutes kept, officers in place and so forth. Final meeting held Nov 7th, 1848.

Interesting reading.