RIDENOUR-L Archives

Archiver > RIDENOUR > 2006-04 > 1145921404

Subject: Re: Wabash Ridenours.
Date: 24 Apr 2006 17:30:04 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/UODBAIB/51.59.60.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Most of my information on the Ridenour family came from "Smokey Mountain Ancestral Quest" - David Beckwith. His information came from Melvin Ortho Ridenour. Melvin's marital information on Samuel (Selinda's father) is incorrect.

I haven't looked at the "Smokey Mountain" website in about five or so years.

In a nutshell, this is what I have. I didn't copy any dates from "Smokey Mountain"..

Pertinax Reitenauer
George Reitenauer
Bernard Reitenauer
(The first three are speculation as noted in Melvin's records.)

Anton Reitnawer (born in Switzerland)
Hans Reitenauer (born in Switzerland)
Nicholas 'Claus' Reitenauer I (born in France)
Nicholas Reitenauer II (immigrated to America from France)
Mathias Reitenauer (immigrated to America from France)
David Ridenour (born in America)
David Ridenour Jr
Samuel Ridenour
Selinda Ridenour Burger

Samuel Ridenour
1) Phebe Ellen Murphy
children: David Daniel, Selinda Jane and Phebe Ellen

2) Augusta Bent
children: William, Allie, Sadie, Elizabeth, Margaret

3) Nary Nedrow
children: Samuel, Mary

Jackie Slimmer Langholz is another one to contact. She has a "Slimmer" database on Rootsweb.
Jackie's descends from a half-sister of my gg grandpa John Oster. It's been about four years since I last corresponded with her.
- She has a picture of Samuel Ridenour.
- She has more details on Samuel's children.

This thread: