RITCHIE-L Archives

Archiver > RITCHIE > 2006-10 > 1162286542

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: [RITCHIE] Family in both Ireland and Scotland early 1800's
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:22:22 -0500

Hello,

Just like to repost my interest in my ancestors' families. For this
morning, I'll just offer a brief outline:

Andrew RITCHIE and Isabella (?) RITCHIE
had daughter, Eliza RITCHIE, born 1837 in Donegal, Ireland.

In 1854, Eliza married William HANNAH.

William was born in 1828 in Donegal, Ireland, and was the son of William
HANNAH and Mary Ann (?) HANNAH.

William and Eliza (RITCHIE) HANNAH had 2 daughters in Glasgow, and then left
in the summer of 1857 for Massachusetts. I am descended from their
daughter, Elizabeth HANNAH, b1857 in Glasgow.

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find out anything else about Andrew and
Isabella RITCHIE, and thus I don't know about other children of theirs, or
siblings of theirs. And, I can only "guess" that they might have been
born in the 1800 to 1810 timeframe.

(Same goes for William and Mary HANNAH.)

>From people on the Ireland and Scotland Lists, I am told there is a good
chance that these 2 families were poor, and they might have traveled back
and forth between Ireland and Scotland looking for work !

Since I don't know whether my great-great-grandparents had siblings, I
don't know whether they had siblings who also came to the USA (or Canada).

Betty (near Lowell, MA, USA)

P.S. To the List Administrator, please change my Digest to the MIME
format.

(You only need to uncheck the Plain Text box for my Digest.)

This thread: