RIVERA-L Archives

Archiver > RIVERA > 2009-11 > 1259607995

From: ,
Subject: [RIVERA] Maria Tomasa RIBERA,Hija de Jose Dolores RIBERA y Ramona VIGIL
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:06:35 -0000

Author: BarbNAngel
Surnames: Ribera, Vigil, Lobato
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.rivera/947/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Name: Maria Tomasa RIBERA
Sex: F
Christening: 25 DEC 1881
Note:
Baptismal record for Maria Tomasa Rivera
Catholic Church Baptismal Record, Archdiocese
of Santa Fe, New Mexico,
Roll # 17035, Cimarron New Mexico,

Immaculate Conception, Special Collections, Rio Grande
Valley Library System, Albuquerque New Mexico, Maria
Tomasa Ribera/Ponil/Year 1881/Hoy veite y cinco Diciembre
bautice solemnenete a Maria Tomasa, nacida en el Ponil el
veinte y uno de este mes, hija de Jose Dolores Ribera y
Ramona Vigil.

Padrinos: Albino Lobato, Rafael Castillo. A. Seone, S. J.
Source Only for Maria Tomasa Ribera, I am searching for her.

My aunt Martina Ribera was married to Jose Raymundo Lucero.

She had a daughter Alcaria Lucero. So these names were
similar, although the dates are off.
The following source comes from this site:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/rancho.pancho/Alcaria.htm

Alcaria Barbero was born on March 10, 1858. Her father is
considered to have been Pablo Barbero (Rodriguez) and her
mother Cruz Valencia (child of Jos Valencia and Tomasa Riberia) who was born in about 1824 in Santa Fe and died
December 28, 1901 in Santa Fe.

I have a baptismal record for Maria Alcaria baptized March
14, 1858. It is a little mysterious because her last name
is given as Valencia and she is said to be the legitimate
daughter of Ramon Valencia. Above his name is written Pablo
Barbero in a different hand. The mother's name runs off into
the margin of the microfilm, but looks like Maria Martiana.
Above that name is written Cruz Valencia.

It gives the paternal grandparents as Jos Valencia and Maria Tomasa Ribera and the maternal grandparents as Pablo Ortega and Francisca Ortiz. Though the document is in Spanish, a note in English reads, as far as I can tell: B. Alcaria Maria. Names above are of the uncle and aunt; not the names of parents of girl(??). This makes it look as if Pablo and Cruz were not Alcaria's parents. (LDS 0016894).
We have a Ramon Alfonso RIBERA in our family history, we
call him our Misterious Ancestor. We have a very good
photo of him, but nothing more. This same date tells of
a Ramon Ribera, could he be our mysterious ancestor/
Barbara Gonzalez. See photo at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/angelnbarb

Alcaria's descendent Leroy Garcia has written to me:

"I was going through some of my old records and was
reading the information in 'Rancho Pancho'.

I have a copy of the record of the marriage of Ramon Ribera
with Matiana Ortega on 10 February 1858. The father of Ramon
is given as "el difunto" Miguel Ribera and Tomasa Valencia.
Testigos were Prudencio Garcia and Anastacio Borrego.

If your records on Ramon Valencia and Martiana Ortega
are correct, this would mean that Ramon adopted his mother's
name presumably because he never knew his father because he
died before he was born.

AASF # 89, February 1858. His father, Miguel Ribera must
have been born before or about 1828. This would also explain
why Tomasa also went by the Ribera name in some other church
records. What I am speculating now is that Martiana and Ramon had a child (Alcaria) that she gave up for adoption by Cruz Valencia. There is a Miguel Ribera listed in the Santa Fe Census for 1823 married to Juana Garcia, his age is 46 and his wife is 40. He is listed as a carpenter.

They are the 71st household and Maria Francisca Ortiz and Jose Eldifonso Ortiz was living in the 82nd household with their father Antonio Ortiz. Miguel Ribera could have married a second time to Tomasa Valencia before 1858."

Important Note: