ROARK-L Archives

Archiver > ROARK > 1997-01 > 0853790115

From: "Ginger Hayes" <>
Subject: Re: Isaac ROARK(1806-1857) of Gallatin IL
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 14:55:15 -0500

Can not fit Isaac in yet.
The children of William Roark, the Rev War Vet:
Elizabeth-md. 1) Hobson Brown 2)Archibald Coleman
Martin Roark
John Roark
William Roark
Michael Roark
Catherine md. Akies Ellison

source: Roark Lawsuit: Hopkins Co, KY; Oct. 1868; Case #9317
All known heirs are listed: Will try to get copy of names typed and sent
out soon.

Ginger

----------
> To: ;
> Subject: Isaac ROARK(1806-1857) of Gallatin IL
> Date: Monday, January 20, 1997 3:02 PM
>
> Dear Roarks,
>
> If anyone recognizes the ROARK line below, please let me know. It was
sent
> to me a couple of years ago by Logan Roark, Jr.
>
> Because Isaac ROARK settled in Gallatin Co IL, Mr. Roark thinks he may
> descend from the William ROARK who, after the Rev War, settled in
Muhlenberg
> Co KY and then moved to Gallatin Co KY.
>
> Ginger Hayes says of this William ROARK that he married in Westmoreland
Co,
> VA, 1781 (wife's name probably Mary EVERLY). Their children: William,
John,
> Michael, Elizabeth, "probably more but not identified yet." So it seems
> there is still room for Isaac ROARK in the family, as son or grandson of
> William.
>
> Alma
>

> ===============
> [Logan Roark Jr. wrote]
> My line of ROARKs is as follows:
>
> Isaac ROARK (1806-1857) b KY or TN, m Elizabeth ELLISON (1804-1878).
They
> came to Gallatin Co IL.
>
> Son Levi ROARK (1833-1890) of Gallatin Co IL m Kate SOLLARS. Their son,
> Logan ROARK (1888-1958) was my father.
>
> I believe Isaac ROARK to be the son (or grandson) of William ROARK
> (1760-1841) and Mary EVERLY but have no proof of this.

This thread: