ROBBINS-L Archives

Archiver > ROBBINS > 2012-01 > 1327275917

From: John German <>
Subject: Re: [ROBBINS] William F. Robbins
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 18:45:17 -0500

All I have about William Robbins is in this query:

"Looking for information about William Robbins b. 1797-1801 in Washington Co., KY. William married Sarah Catherine Fletcher who was born in unknown county in KY abt. 1901-1811. Robbins family lived in Washington Co. Ky in 1800 when William was born. The family including the two sons, Hiram (Hiram Robbins born 1793 Buncombe Co. N. C.) and William moved to Knox Co. Ind and was there during the War of 1812. Afterward the family moved back to Tn. In 1816 the family was in Pope Co. Ill. where the father (name) unknown died. The family moved on to Madison Co. Ill. and stayed there until about 1822 when they moved on to Sangamon Co. Ill. In 1854 the brothers split and William moved to Dallas Co. Mo."
Posted by a Terri Smith on Rootsweb Washington Co., KY board in 1998.

Linda Crawford wrote:

>I will post my William’s line again. William F. was born 18 Nov. 1800 in KY. He died 25 Dec. 1861 in Dallas Co MO. He was married three times. I come through the first marriage who was to Sarah Catherine Fletcher about 1819. She died in Sangamon County, IL in 1842. She was said to have been half Indian, but there is no proof of that. They had 11 children. The name of the first is unknown, but by using the 1830 census there was one his age. The next was a son George W., unknown female, Catherine, Lucy, William Jr. , John, Lucetta, Thomas, Martin Van Buren and Margaret Ellen. I have a journal of a grandson who gives the dated for William’s birth and death. He was married in Christian County IL on July 1844 to Margaret White a widow. She died in Feb. 1850 and he married a Sarah Fletcher in July 1850 also in Christian County IL. It was soon after that marriage that they moved to Dallas County MO. I have records from Sangamon County showing where she sold their property the!
re and in Dallas County MO. She was in Sangamon County in 1869. It is not known whether she died there or went back to MO. I have good records on the children of William, but nothing on who his parents were.