ROBERTSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBERTSON > 1998-05 > 0894211723

From: Skye576 <>
Subject: James ROBERTSON
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 12:08:43 EDT

I am looking for information on James ROBERTSON b ca 1775 VA , that md Ruth
YOUNG b 1811 Stokes Co, NC . They md 28 Sept 1837 in Stokes Co, NC.

James was 75 years of age at time of marriage( according to census)
(this is my line) James and Ruth(YOUNG) ROBERTSON had 4 surviving children:
1. Michael ROBERTSON b 1839 Stokes Co, Nc
2. Edmond Gravely ROBERTSON b 1843 Stokes Co, NC
3.Abigail ROBERTSON b 1848 NC
4. Ann F. ROBERTSON b 1852 Patrick Co, VA

Family believe that this James ROBERTSON was also md to Ann MABE(Because of
Jame's age, he was probably married before Ruth YOUNG. He could have had
several wives!!!)

Children of James and Ann (MABE)ROBERTSON:
1. Reuben ROBERTSON b 1817 Stokes Co, NC
2. James ROBERTSON b 1819 stokes Co, Nc
3. Mary ROBERTSON B 1821 Stokes Co, Nc
4. Green Madison ROBERTSON b1825 Stokes Co, NC
5. Matilda Hughes ROBERTSON b 1830 Stokes Co, Nc
6. John J. ROBERTSON b 1932 Stokes Co, NC

There could be other marriages of James ROBERTSON, but nothing has been
proven. James was supposed to have died 1852 on his way to TX or in TX.

Anyone with information on this branch?? Who was this James' parents and
siblings??? Please contact me at

Mary Trampe

This thread: