ROBERTSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBERTSON > 2002-02 > 1013620175

Subject: [RBTSN] Robinson/Robertson #4
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:09:35 EST

Email:

Searching for William L. Robinson of Georgia or NC. He married Martha
Elizabeth Reed/Reid which was born in 1827 GA or NC died 1889 Suwannee Co Fl
on 17 Oct 1850 in Mecklenburg Co NC Supposedly served in the Confederate Army
and died while serving. Where was he born? When did he die?
*********************************
Email:
(Wendy Lyon)
or mail:
Wendy Lyon
20 Knollview Way
San Francisco, CA 94131
Nancy J. Robinson was born in 1845, in Virginia, or WVA. In approx.
1865, she married Ward Cook Humphreys in VA or WV. The "J" may stand for
Jackson. Who were her parents.
*********************************
Email: @inet#
Looking for the family of John Robinson b. circa 1756 Virginia, married
Mary Elizabeth Caldwell b. circa 1762. They had son Joseph Robinson, Sr. b.
circa 1782 Greenbrier Co., WV married Mary Sarah Stout b. 8 July 1787 VA.
Thanks, Lisa
*********************************
Royce Culpeper
302 Fescue Drive
Mt. Juliet TN 37122
EMAIL:
I have interest in my ancestor, Dovey Robinson of Iredell Co NC who
married my GG grandfather Milas Alexander Davidson of Iredell Co NC. I do
not know her parents names. I do know of an aunt, Mary Robison Steele who
traveled with the Davidsons from NC, to AL and to Pontotoc Co MS where they
settled. Mary Robison married Ninian Steele who's family is chronicled in a
small book published in the early 1900's Descendants of Captain Ninian Steele
of north Carolina. Mary's husband was a son of Captain Steele. Ninian and
Mary had no children. In the publication, "The Heritage of Iredell Co NC, "
there are articles of some Robison families. However, none of them fit Dovey
or Mary. My interest in Robinsons is in Iredell Co NC to find the parents of
both Dovey and Mary Robison.
*********************************
James G. Bailey
P.O. Box 2255
Walnut, CA 91788-2255
email: JGBailey @aol.com
My ancestors were named Robberson who settled near Springfield, MO. My
great-great grandfather was named William Robinson and was born in Bedford
County TN about 1800. In some census records the name is given variously as
Robertson or Robinson. William's father was allegedly named Abednego,
although I can not yet find any record of him. This Abednego immigrated from
Scotland and I expect his Scottish accent of Robertson was interpreted as
Robberson.
I am interested in researching anyone with the Robberson surname, and
would glad to hear from you if you think this name would be appropriate for
you book. The 1830 Tennessee census shows the family in Bedford Co TN. In
The History of Green Co Missouri, published 1883, it states: "In 1834 a
family settled near Ebenezer. In that family were seven brothers and seven
sisters, they were from Tennessee. Edwin was an eminent Methodist divine.
Bennett Robberson was a large farmer, a politician. Rufus is the only one
now living." Bennett Robberson apparently became a US Representative in
1846. In 1858 Allen Robberson became a county judge.
The 1850 Missouri census lists Elizabeth Robberson as head of household
and lists Bennett Robberson, William Robberson, Allen Robberson, John
Robberson, Edwin Robberson, Russell Robberson, Rufus Robberson (age 28),
Ellen Robberson (age 20), Frances L. Robberson (age 6), William Mc. Robberson
(age 8), and John S. Robberson (age 4). I think the last three names may be
grandchildren.
********************************
M Robinson
270 Bell Swamp Road, NE
Winnabow, NC 28479
Email: One
All Robinson information that I have, involves Brunswick CO, NC
Hezekiah Robinson b. 1814 NC (probably Brunswick Co) died 1883 NC; wife Jane
b. 1827 d. 1883 NC
Hezekiah's children:
2. Asberry Robinson b. 1847 d. 1925 NC, wife Abigail Bellamy b. 1850 d. 1928
3. Dosher Robinson sp. Maj. Hewett
3. Jimmy Robinson sp. Miss Long
3. Luther Robinson sp Lillie Lancaster
3. Johnnie E. Robinson b. 1874,
d 1937-sp. Annie Lewis 1877-1945
3. Lawrence Chester Robinson 1877
1955 sp. Lelia Alice Galloway
1893-1927
3. George Dailey Robinson 1877-1955
sp. Lizzie Galloway 1890-1977
(sister of Lelia Alice)
2. Nancy Robinson b. 1842-1920
sp. Mr Clemmons
2. Charles D (prob. Dexter) Robinson
b. 1845
2. Tasina Robinson b. 1849
2. James Fulton Robinson b. 1858
2. Lecta Ann Robinson b. 1862
2. Sara A. Robinson b. 1864
*********************************
Pat Koetting
2789 Manitou Springs Drive
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Email:
Elizabeth Poor Ordway Robinson
Elizabeth Poor was born June 2, 1782, Chester Township, Rockingham, New
Hampshire to Eliphalet Poor and his wife Elizabeth Kelley. In the Newbury,
Massachusetts Marriage Book, we find - Poor, Eliphalet & Elizabeth Kelly of
Salem, N. H., Int. Dec 23 1780. In the Chester NH records on Pg. 23, Poor's
Travels, Book 577, 180 Vol. 2 - Poor, Eliphalet & Elizabeth Kellog (Kelly)
married Jan 9, 1781. I believe it is safe to say, that Eliphalet was from
Newbury, and Elizabeth was from Salem. They were married in Salem, but lived
in Chester. Other children of Eliphalet Poore and Elizabeth Kelly Poor,
identified in the will of Eliphalet Poore: Eliphalet Jr., Gilman, Sally
Clifford and Hanah Carey.
Eliphalet Poor was the son of Amos Poor (1724-1802) and Martha Chaney
Poore. Elizabeth Kelly Poore was the daughter of John and Hannah (Hale)
Kelly.
On December 12, 1802 at the age of twenty, Elizabeth married Daniel
Ordway in Chester, New Hampshire. Daniel was from Bridgewater Township,
Grafton, New Hampshire. His parents are unknown at this time. Daniel and
Elizabeth lived in the Grafton area until 1810. During that time their
children Daniel (1803-1862), David, (1804-?), Betsey (1806, -18xx) and Grace
(1807-1885) were born.
In the early part of 1810 Daniel, Elizabeth and their children left New
Hampshire. We do not know how they traveled, but it is most likely they
traveled over land, perhaps to Pittsburgh and then flat boat to Cape
Girardeau, Louisiana Territory. The family resided in an area known as
Tywapity Bottom. Sometime in those first months Daniel died intestate.
Daniel's estate was probated and administered by his brother Stephen in
Grafton, New Hampshire on Jan. 7, 1811. The final filing was December 23,
1824. The estate consisted of monies owned to Daniel from various
individuals and perhaps this explains the thirteen year time span to finalize
the estate. The court perhaps only mention Elizabeth as wife of Daniel.
Elizabeth Poor Ordway married Kinsay Robison in the Territory of
Louisiana, district of Cape Girareau and the township of Tywapity on March 3,
1811. Our first knowledge of Kinsay is in the Livingston County, Kentucky
land records when his name is mentioned on May 4, 1801, he would have been 26
years old at that time. There is a possibility that Kinsay and Elizabeth
were related, and through some family communication he was aware she was a
widow in great distress. It may be assumed, he was a widower with children
who needed a mother. Soon after the marriage, Elizabeth, Kinsay and her
children are found in Caldwell County, Kentucky.
May 19, 1810 - Will of George Robison, Caldwell County, Kentucky. This
document is yet to be reviewed.
On November 20, 1814 (War of 1812) Kinsey enlisted in Captain John C.
Dodds Company, 14 Regiment Kentucky Militia. He left sick at Baton Rouge
presumably Louisiana) on May 20, 1815. On the same date a William and Hugh
Robison also enlisted. Kinsay's total pay for the six months of military
service was Forty-Five Dollars.
At least one child, Griffith Lloyd Robison, was born to Elizabeth and
Kinsay. He was born April 12, 1822 in Caldwell County Kentucky. Kinsay and
Elizabeth may have had another son named James who was born in Kentucky about
1815.
Kinsay signed the Wedding license as Step-father of Elizabeth Ordway to
William Lowry in Caldwell County on February 4, 1824.
In 1833 Kinsay, Elizabeth and Griffith moved to Richland Township Shelby
County Illinois. Elizabeth's children by Daniel Ordway remained in Caldwell
County. Grace and Betsy were married with families of their own. Daniel Jr.
was 30 years old and would marry Elizabeth Smith in 1835.
In the 1850 Shelby County Census line 1238 listed under Roberson, we find
Head of Household - Kinzan age 75 born Virginia, Elizabeth age 68 born New
Hampshire, Griffin I. age 28 born Kentucky, Griffin's wife Jane age 21 born
Indiana. Their children: Mary age 3 born IL and Elizabeth age 2 born
Illinois. Also in the household is Martha Dorhorty age 19, Joseph Roberson,
age 16, born Kentucky, Joseph Wade age 23 born Tennessee and Sariah age 5/12
born Illinois. From other sources we know Griffith married Jane Daugherty.
The above Martha is most likely the sister of Jane. The family relationship
of Joseph Wade and Sariah Roberson is unknown. Joseph Roberson is not a son
of Kinsay and Elizabeth as he was born in Kentucky in 1834, and Kinsay and
Elizabeth were born in Illinois in 1833.
On line 1237 of the 1850 Shelby County, IL Census- James Roberson, age 35
born Kentucky, Kinzee age 9 born Illinois, and Tobias R. age 7 born Illinois.
In this household is a family with the name of Rouse consisting of James age
50 and Edithe age 47, with James, George, Margaret, Mary and Mathew. James
Robison's fourth child's name was Griffith Kelly Robison. James also had a
son Kinsay Robison (1842-1925) and although he appears in Census records as
Kinsay R. his obituary gives his name as Kinsay R. Kelly Robison.
The 1860 Shelby County Census line 1063 has Kinsey Robison age 86, living
in the household of Griffith L. Robison and wife Jane and their family. Mary
Ann, Naoma, Henrietta, Isabella, Martha. Also in this household is Daniel O.
Robison age 19 born Kentucky. It is not known when Griffith L. Robison left
Shelby County, but according to Latter Day Saints records, he died June 6,
1902 and is buried Arcola/Hickory Grove Cemetery, Dade County, Missouri. In
the same cemetery is Daniel Oliver Robison (1839-1921). His parents were
William Poor Robison and Barbara Shay. Could this William Poor Robison be a
brother of Kinsay Robison? Perhaps his mothers maiden name was Poor. In
1833 Caldwell County, KY, a William P. Robison married Nancy Leech. Also in
Caldwell County, Ky, on August 12, 1813 Joseph Robison married Margaret
Leech, and they had a son Joseph Leach Robison. A Joseph Leach Robison is
named in the Estate record in Kinsay Robison. A copy of this document has
yet to be obtained from the Shelby County, Illinois Court House.
1850 Census- Shelby County- Line 1064 James S. Robison age 45 wife Sarah
Jane, children Kinsay, Bryas, Henry, Griffith and Henrietta. Also in this
household is Hugh M. Robison age 22 Labor. born Illinois. This Hugh is not
old enough to have been in the War of 1812. This is the last record of James
S. that we have., although his first and second wives, his daughter Elizabeth
who died at the age 10, and his son Tobias, who died in the Civil War are all
buried in the Richland cemetery in Strasburg, Illinois.
Elizabeth Poor Ordway Robison died of smallpox on February 24, 1852, She
is buried Richland Cemetery, Richland Township 2 miles north of Strasburg,
Illinois. Her tombstone reads: "Elizabeth wife of Kinsay Robison died Feb 24,
1852 aged 69 yrs 8 m. 24 ds. Our Mother.". Two of her Grandchildren died
within the next seventeen days. Presumably also from small pox.
Kinsay Robison died May 28, 1861. Aged 86 years 6 ds. "Our Father"
Kinsay is buried next to Elizabeth.

This thread: