ROBINSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBINSON > 2001-06 > 0993140234

Subject: FAULKNER/ROBINSON Marriages NC 1700s
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:17:14 EDT

Helen and Everyone,

I am glad for the opportunity for a roll call. Four of the children of
Emmanuel Ford Faulkner & Elizabeth Dickerson of Granville Co NC married
Robinson/Robertson ladies, none of whom I have yet been able to place. If
any of you recognize ANY of the Robinsons below it would be very much
appreciated. Because Priscilla belows name appears as Robertson on her
marriage license, and because there are Robertsons from the Prince George Co
Robertsons/Robinsons of the Gen. James line that were apparently in
Granville, it is thought she might be "one of theirs".

Here is what we have:
Children of Emmanuel Ford Faulkner & Elizabeth Dickerson, daughter of Captain
John Dickerson and ??:

iv. JOHN FAULKNER/FORKNER, b. Abt. 1758, Granville, North Carolina19; d.
Unknown; m. HULDA ROBINSON, 07 February 1781, Granville, North Carolina20; b.
Unknown; d. Unknown.

v. HARDY FAULKNER/FORKNER, b. Abt. 1762, Granville, North Carolina21; d. 04
May 1831, Warren County, North Carolina; m. (1) MARY ROBINSON; d. Unknown; m.
(2) MARY CARTER, 04 November 1781, Warren County, North Carolina22; b.
Unknown; d. Unknown.

viii. (My Line) SHUGAR FAULKNER/FORKNER, b. 1766, Bute County, North
Carolina; d. 1850, Greene County, Tennessee. He married PRISCILLA
ROBERTSON/ROBINSON 06 December 1785 in Warren County, North Carolina. NOTE:
There are Robinsons in Greene Co in the 1800s, starting early in the century.
It is possible Priscilla could be related to one of them

PLEASE NOTE: She is NOT the daughter of Nicholas Robinson and Rebecca
Brittain as it often stated. Nicholas Robinson and Rebecca were married
November 1786 in Guilford Co NC. They were married AFTER the marriage of
Sugar and Priscilla (known by the grandchildren as Sugar and Honey).
However, it appears that there might have been a connection between the
families.

ix. FRANCIS FAULKNER/FORKNER, b. Abt. 1768, Bute County, North
Carolina25; d. Unknown; m. NANCY ROBERTSON, 13 April 1831; d. Unknown.
Information from Ken Parkers FTM home page:
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/p/a/r/Ken--Parker/

Best Regards,

Janet Hunter

This thread: