ROBINSON-L Archives

Archiver > ROBINSON > 2007-04 > 1176647353

From: "Walter F. Williams" <>
Subject: Re: [ROBINSON] Robinson in SC in early 1800's
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 10:29:13 -0400

Good Morning:
See if this helps.
Walt

Maryland Calender of Wills, Vol. 2, p. 164, 1685-1702.

[abst] Robinson, George, Anne Arundel County, September 21, 1698; March 3,
1699.

To son John, personalty and plantation on South River absolutely, and 226
acres on the

mountains on the north side of Magothy R.; the latter to pass to Thomas,
eldest son of brother

Thomas in event of death of said son John without issue, and in turn to
Neale Robinson and his

heirs.

In event of death of said 3 legatees, said land to pass to next of kin of
the Robinsons.

Thomas Twine and John Werrell, residue of personalty.

Ex.: Jas. Homewood, who is also appointed guardian of son John afsd. during
minority.

Test: Wm. Foreman, Jas. Floyd.

and a second abstract of this will:

George Robinson; Will signed September 21, 1698 by "G. R." his mark. Will
proved March 9,

1699 Anne Arundel County, Md.;

"To minor son John 226 acres, north side Magothy. Conditn'l "To my bro. Thos
eldest son

Thos.." and to "Neale Robinson" Conditn'l "To ye nearest of kinn of the
Robinsons as long as

theirs One a life."

And a third abstract!!

The will of George R. Robinson, Anne Arundel County, Wills Liber 6,
folio197, wit. September

20, 1698, pro. March 9, 1699. The will is faded and in bad condition.

"I bequeath to my (only?) son John Robinson all that tract of land .....
that was 225 acres lying

upon ye mountains on the North side of Magoty River. In case he dies without
possession of

said

land, to fall to my brother Thomas Robinsons son Thomas and his heirs
forever and if he dies

without issue then to fall to Neale Robinson and his heirs forever". "to ye
nearest of kin of the

Robinsons as long as theirs One a life."