RODEN-L Archives

Archiver > RODEN > 2006-02 > 1140921585

Subject: re: Chester Co., South Carolina
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:39:45 EST

Hello:

I am stumped... found different parents online for same ancestor... and
both have souce infomation that appears good material. So, wondering if any
of you wonderful cousins out there might have some answers. Well, here goes.

Looking for parents of William Roden brn 1770 or 1775 and Mary Lowe born
1785 as parents of Peter Petrie Roden born 1810 in Alabama.

ID: I85954162 Name: William RODEN Given Name: William Surname: RODEN
Sex: M Birth: Abt 1745 in Frederick County, Maryland _1_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s1) Death: Aft 1805 in
Chester County, South Carolina _2_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s2) _3_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s3) Event: Military Unknown _4_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s4) _5_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s5)
Note:
4 Dec 1778 (Chester) SC. Lazarus MOORE and Sarah, his wife, toWilliam RODEN
of St Mark’s Parish for 300£ 100 ac. on a branch ofSandy River granted to
Lazarus MOORE on 24 Nov 1767. Wit: ThomasRODEN, Dorothea MOORE, John RODEN.
Charleston Bk. C-5, p. 90.
10 Apr 1779 (Chester) SC. William RODEN and Margaret, his wife,of Camden
Dist.,SC to Charles HUMPHREYS of same, for 1600£ 100 acreson a branch of Sandy
River granted to Lazarus MOORE in 1767. Wits:Thomas TIMMS, John HUMPHREYS, Amy
TIMMS. Charleston Bk. C-5, p. 91.
10 Feb 1803 (Chester) SC. William (x) RODEN, Sr. to WilliamRODEN, Jr. both
of Chester, 131 ac originally granted to WilliamRODEN, Sr. on 2 Jan 1792.
Signed also by Margaret (x) RODEN. Bk. I,pg. 270.
REFN: 00464

Father: _Thomas Winman RODEN_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954167) b: Abt 1715 in Christ Church Parish, Calvert
County, Maryland
Mother: _Mary __?___
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954168) b: Abt 1720 in Virginia

Suggested Next Step:
Search OneWorldTree for:
_RODEN, William_
(http://www.ancestry.com/s17073/t5847/rd.ashx?_8000C002=Thomas+Winman&_8000C003=RODEN&_80004002=William&_80004003=RODEN&_80008002=Mary&_800
08003=__?__&rg_81004010=1745&rg_81004030=1805&prox=1&db=owt&ti=&rank=1)
(http://www.ancestry.com/s17073/t5847/rd.ashx?_8000C002=Thomas+Winman&_8000C003=RO
DEN&_80004002=William&_80004003=RODEN&_80008002=Mary&_80008003=__?__&rg_810040
10=1745&rg_81004030=1805&prox=1&db=owt&ti=&rank=1)
Included with this search:
* View multiple generations
* Change tree views to get the look you want
* View supporting source, i.e., census images
* View alternate information
* Anonymously contact submitters of tree data

Marriage 1 _Margaret __?___
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954163) b: Abt 1745
* Married: Abt 1770 in Chester County, South Carolina _1_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954162#s1)
Children
1. _William RODEN_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954161) b: Abt 1770 in Chester County, South Carolina
2. _Bazel RODEN_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954312) b: Abt 1773 in Chester County, South Carolina
3. ___?__ RODEN_
(http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:1922113&id=I85954358)

Sources:
1. Title: Estimated from ages of children, etc.
2. Title: Deed Books.
Page: He gave land to Wm., Jr. 1805.
3. Title: US Census 1810
4. Title: SC Accounts Audited. Records of the State Comptroller.
RevolutionaryWar payrolls and reimbursements.