RODGER-L Archives

Archiver > RODGER > 2000-01 > 0946849290

From: "sharon haennelt" <>
Subject: [RODGER] [ROGERS] 1767 NC WILL ADAM ROGERS
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 13:41:30 PST

Orange County, NC Record of Wills Vol. A 1752-1788 Page 64

In the name of God amen, I Adam Roger of Orange County North Carolina in the
Hawfields weak of Body but of perfect memory, do make this my last will &
Testiment. First I commit my soul unto God who gave it & my Body to be
buried by a Christian, Decent Burial at the Direction of my Execs. & I
appoint Hugh Roger & Isabel Roger my Execs. after my Decease to see my will
& Testiment fulfilled. Impremis all my just Debts to be paid 2.d I allow my
wife a mare with colt & a saddle & briddle & a spinning wheel & Bed that has
feathers in it & bed clothes & thirty pounds in Money. 3d. I allow my
Daughter Mary & the child my wife is with now if a Boy to have two parts if
a girl to be equal shares & if any of the children Die their part to be
given to the Next heir surviving to be equally Divided to my Brothers &
Sisters Children & I allow all my moveable Estate to be sold & made into
Money & Bonds & Notes & Money & all to buy an Estate or put to Interest for
the use of the Children till they come of age & this shall be for the
Maintenance of my Wife & children During her being my Widow & afterwards to
be Given to the Children for their Maintenace & Schooling & if the child
that my wife is with be a Boy after being made a good Scholar he is to be
put to a trade at the Direction of my Executors & also my Daughter Mary I
allow a walnut chest & cow I allow her likewise with her Increase, only now
to Remain for the use of the family I allow my Brother Johns children viz.
William a hat & John a velvet jacket I allow to Brother William a Big Coat &
Jacket each of them a pare of Breeches & I also allow my Brother Hugh to be
my Administrator & likewise William Roger & Robert Rea to be Guardians over
this my Estate to see this my will fulfilled. I allow my Brother in law
John Snoody 1 Jacket & 1 pr of Black Worsted Stockings Likewise 1 shirt. I
acknowledge this my last will & Testiment In Witness Signed sealed &
Delivered in Presence of
Adam Roger
(Seal)

John Patton
El----- Roger

Orange May Inferior Court 1767
The Execution of the old Will was Duly proved by John Patton & Elnor (?)
Roger the subscribing Evidence thereto
Teste
Francis Nash C.C.
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been searching for a conneciton between Anthony Rogers and his wife
Isabelle Snoddy to John Snoddy & wife Margaret Walker. This will gives John
Snoddy as brother-in-law to an Adam Rogers, so perhaps this Adam Rogers died
and Anthony Rogers then married Isabelle (Snoddy?Rogers?) A son of Anthony
Rogers was born 1777(8) in Hawfields, Orange Co NC. Anthony later moved to
Lincoln, Green, & Madison Co's KY, close by to John Snoddy.
This may help to connect John Snoddy to Samuel Snoddy of NC.

These are believed to be the children of Anthony Rogers and
Isabelle Snoddy, some proven some not. The Mary Rogers below, could be the
daughter of Adam Rogers and Isabelle Snoddy.

Descendants of Anthony Rogers

1 Anthony Rogers b: in Ireland d: Abt. 1807 in Madison Co., Ky
.. +Isabelle Snoddy b: in Pennsylvania
..... 2 Anna Rogers
......... +John B. Carnes m: December 30, 1804 in Madison Co., KY
..... 2 Isabelle Rogers
......... +David Kincaid b: Abt. 1768 in Washington Co VA m: December 07,
1796 in Madison, Ky Father: John Kincaid
..... 2 Jean Rogers
......... +James Hogan m: April 1788 in Lincoln, KY
..... 2 Mary Rogers
......... +Robert Dean m: August 30, 1787 in Lincoln, KY
..... 2 Nellie Rogers
......... +John Dudgeon m: May 20, 1805 in Madison, Ky Father: John
Dudgeon Mother: Mary Hunt Sublett
..... 2 Margaret Rogers b: Abt. 1767 d: Abt. 1855
......... +Alexander Daugherty b: Abt. 1763 in Rockbridge, VA d: June 15,
1846 in Livingston, Overton, TN m: March 03, 1791 in Madison, Ky Father:
Cornelius Doughtery Sr. Mother: Mary Hill
..... 2 John L. Rogers b: March 03, 1777 in Hawfields, North Carolina d:
December 19, 1852 in Montgomery County, Illinois Burial: Sulphur Springs
Cemetery, Macoupin Co IL
......... +Nancy Dudgeon b: June 06, 1784 in Charlotte County, Virginia d:
October 06, 1864 in Montgomery County, Illinois m: May 11, 1801 in Lincoln
County, Kentucky Burial: Sulphur Springs Cemetery, Macoupin Co IL Father:
John Dudgeon Mother: Mary Hunt Sublett
..... 2 Benjamin Rogers b: Abt. 1779
..... 2 Adam Rogers b: Abt. 1785