ROOKS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOKS > 2003-06 > 1056223866

From: "Maxine Wilton" <>
Subject: [ROOKS] Louisa Rooks Picture/ & Joseph Boring family
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:33:37 -0700

Thanks Georgia;
I sat in awe at getting these pictures.
A descendant of Louisa Elizabeth Rooks, a dau, Clara Mae Boring b 23
June 1862 in Antiock, Clinton Co. Ohio , who mar a James Fenton WOODS,
their dau. Dollie E Woods who mar a Garnet "Jack" Jordan, their
dau. Lori sent me the pictures. Also a cousin now deseaced, of
Dollie's had collected imfo and had written above the Picture of Louisa and
Joseph the names. Written here in his handwritting was the following,
Louisa (ROOKS) Boring, thus another proof of ancestor's knowing that Louisa
was a dau of ROOKS and not the Smith family someone wrongly put to them.
Boy what a struggle I have had proving that Louisa is a dau of William and
Mahala Smithson ROOKS. I now have 4 proofs plus a pictures of the family.
1st Picture. Louisa Elizabeth Rooks, Joseph (Joel) Boring, children,
William Calvin Boring, b Dec. 1860 , Clara Mae Boring b 1862, Arminta
Boring , Sarah E. Boring, Ida E Boring b 1874 , all b in Clinton
Co, Greene TWP and maybe all b in Antiock, Oh.as well. I am told that
they also went to the Antiiock Church there.
2nd set picture.
Clara Mae Boring standing alone, and James Fenton Woods also
standing alone. May have been a wedding picture??.
3rd picture,
Family of Clara Mae Boring Woods and James Fenton Woods family of
children as grown adults.
Clara Mae Boring Woods, James Fenton Woods, Twins, Harry E. Woods
and twin Halder R. Woods, Elva E. Woods, Dicia M. Woods, Dollie E.
Woods. ( mother of Lori.)
Will look up the rest of the genealogy and post with pictures as soon as I
can get the scanner up and running and my printer back to running.
What a treasure. Now if I could only get ahold of some censuses to
look for the other three brothers of Louisa's. I found William
Harrison ( on 1850 Grundy Co Mo census as Harrison) in Clinton Co Oh in
civil war then in Darke Co Oh mar in 1869 to Sarah Hensey and children.
Have gotten pictures of abt 8 graves of family, in Arcanumn Cem there.
Now need any imfo on Isaac b abt 1838, Randolph Co Ind, Smith
(Smithson ) b abt 184/3 Grundy Co Mo, on 1850/60 census, and Allen b abt
1844/5, Grundy Co Mo on 1850/ 60 census also. Where did they disapear to
after 1860 Grundy Co Census.
Did they go to Randolph Co Ind, Clinton Co Oh, or where????? Their
dad , William left with Millie Maxine Rooks, abt 15 yrs old., youngest
dau. in abt spring of 1862 as near as can be calculated and went to
Susanville , Lassen Co Ca. He left the Smith and Allen behind or they had
left before or when he did. Where did they diapear to?????
I am told that Wm left and did NOT tell anyone he was leaving nor where he
went and also never again contacted any family memeber that was known of
or relayed on down family of any other of the Rooks famuilies left in Grundy
Co Mo. So far as I know Millie never left any names of her siblings with
her family while she lived in Benton or DeShutes Co's Oregon or in Whitman
Co Wa or in or near Colfax , Wa where she is burried in Cem there.
I sure would like to hear from anyone or about anyhting relating to
Millie Maxine ROOKS Brannan's siblings names etc that she may have left
behind.
She was abt 9 yrs old when mother died in abt 1855 - 1859 in Grundy Co Mo.
She listed on 1860 census with fa. William, bro's Smith (Smithson), and
Allen in Grundy Co Mo.
She mar Emanuel (Mike) Brannan 30 Oct 1862 in Susanville, Ca at 16 yrs of
age.
in Ore and by abt 1864 then by abt 1883 in De shutes Co ( was Wasco Co
then), abt 1890/1 on to and in Whitman Co Wa.

Maxine Wilton is Genealogist. ,anyone knowing anything please contact
me. Please list my name as researched by on above imformation..

William died 14 Sep 1875 in Susanville , Ca as I found a notice in newspaper
in Court records ref to the Sherrif ordering sale of William's belongings,
horse, etc. to pay a Dr. bill and bury him in the Susanville Cemetery. It
is beleived he died of Phnemonia .
Grt Grandau.
Maxine Wilton