ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1988-08 > 0587688777

From: Alf Christophersen 02 45 41 97 <>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 88 23:52:57 ECT

Letter from SOC.ROOTS on Usenet Netnews.
Please answer to the ROOTS-L list.
AC.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=_=-
From: (John Wilson)
Newsgroups: soc.roots
Subject: How's it working?
Date: 12 Aug 88 16:30:00 GMT
Sender: 0000-Admin(0000)

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone has had any success
in making research contacts using ROOTS-INDEX. I E-mailed a possible
contact on a line on SMITHS but have not received a response as of
yet.

There seems to be a decrease in general traffic on soc.roots
since the INDEX was started. This bothers me a little. I hope it's
not *because* of the INDEX!

Response to the index has been good as far as people adding
names. I just wonder if it's doing any good.

Regards,

--
....the greatest sensation of existence, | J.P.Wilson - ...!killer!mazda
not to trust, but to know. a.r. |