ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1990-03 > 0637299903-01

From: Roseann Hogan <>
Subject: Re: Armed Forces Records
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 90 23:45:03 EDT
In-Reply-To: Message of Mon, 12 Mar 90 12:53:23 EDT from <PEGGY@UKCC>

Many WWII records were destroyed in a fire; however some records still
exist. Write to: National Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Blvd. St. Louis
MO 63132. You must be a relative or have permission of the person to
receive the information. If the person is deceased, it is a good idea to
send along the death certificate -- with the form 13075 they will ask you
to complete. They will have medical records and discharge records with
limited other information. The discharge record will have honors recorded
on it however.

Roseann R. Hogan, Ph. D. | bitnet:
Institutional Research and Planning | internet:
University of Kentucky |
Lexington, KY 40506 | telephone: 606-257-1633

This thread: