ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1990-03 > 0637521776-01

From: Roots-L List Operations <>
Subject: Re: INFO
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 90 11:22:56 CST

************** From the soc.roots USENET/Netnews Group ***************
NOTE: From soc.roots. Please be sure to reply to the original sender
and NOT the forwarder. Thanks! Alf (current forwarder)
In article <> Roots List <> writes:
>------------ From the Mailing List -------------
>I WAS WONDERING ABOUT HOW TO GO ABOUT RECEIVING HELP
>IN TRIING TO FIND MY FAMILY ROOTS. CAN ANYONE ASSIST?

1/ Talk to everyone in your family (this means EVERYONE; the distant
cousin in England that your Great uncle met on holiday
12 years ago and sent a christmas card to once. You will be
surprised just what will turn up. I was about to plunk down
several hundred pounds for an investigator on a particularly
stubborn side of t
e family. I mentioned this to my wifes
great aunt who lives on the other side of the country and she
produced the address of several people in England & Scotland
who were distant relatives and who have since provided some
good info)

2/ Write it all down (a few names that you know well today will very
quickly become several hundred)

3/ Read some good books on the subject (a must for all in my opinion
are the several good books by Angus Baxter).

By the time you have done steps one to three, read and followed the NET for
awhile you will be on your way.

--
/ / / / / / / / / / :-(I Think, Therefore I Am, I Think :-) / / / / / / / / / /
/ NCR CANADA LTD. - 580 Weber St. N /

This thread: