ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1990-10 > 0655596293

From: "James E. P. Saari" <>
Subject: Re: FAQ
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 90 22:04:53 GMT

In article <ROOTS-L%> ROOTS-L Genealogy List
<> writes:
>Here is a "frequently asked question" and the best answer I can find:
>Q: "Why the heck are the Mormons so into Genealogy?"
>A: Like most religions, the Mormons have lots of people who take theirs
>pretty seriously. They believe that people can be retroactively converted
>by having one of their descendants go to the temple ON THEIR BEHALF, after

It is the place of religion to provide "meaning" and "connection" to a person
or
a culture. The Church of LDS certainly fills both these needs with the Library!
What better way to bring connection than through genealogy, and meaning through
the brotherhood/sisterhood of all mankind?
--
James E P Saari 305-973-5071 beep 305-760-3246
email read periodically, voice mail cheerfully accepted

This thread: