ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1996-11 > 15606

From: Cyndi Howells <>
Subject: Over 9,600 links for genealogy!!
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 02:07:27 -0800 (PST)

I have been working a lot of late nights updating my web site recently and I
just realized that I haven't posted anything on ROOTS-L in quite a while
about the web site. So here goes...

Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
http://www.oz.net/~cyndihow/sites.htm

Over 9,600 categorized & cross-refereneced links in over 50 different
categories. I hope that you all can use this site as your own personal set
of genealogy bookmarks. The categories include the following, as well as
individual pages for each U.S. state:

ACADIAN, CAJUN & CREOLE
ADOPTION
AFRICAN-AMERICAN
ASIA & THE PACIFIC
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
AUSTRIA
BELGIUM
CANADA
General Canada Sites
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories & The Yukon
Nova Scotia
Ontario
Prince Edward Island
Quebec
Saskatchewan
CEMETERIES AND OBITUARIES
CENSUS RELATED SITES
DATABASES, SEARCH SITES, SURNAME LISTS
EASTERN EUROPE
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
FINDING PEOPLE
Phone Numbers, E-Mail Addresses, Mailing Addresses, Places, Etc.
FRANCE
GERMANS FROM RUSSIA
GERMANY
HERALDRY
HISPANIC, CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA, & THE WEST INDIES
Including Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean
HISTORICAL EVENTS & PEOPLE
HOTLISTS & PERSONAL HOME PAGES
HOW TO
Sections are: Getting Started and General Guides
HUMOR & PROSE
ITALY
JEWISH
LAND RECORDS, DEEDS, HOMESTEADS, ETC.
LDS - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
LIBRARIES
MAPS AND GEOGRAPHICAL INFO
MEDIEVAL
MENNONITE
MILITARY RESOURCES
NATIVE AMERICAN
THE NETHERLANDS
NEWSGROUPS & MAILING LISTS
ODDS & ENDS ** new category
Interesting & Unusual Genealogy Sites That Don't Fit In Other
Categories
PHOTOGRAPHS & MEMORIES **updated & revised category
Preserving Your Family's Treasures, Stories & Genealogical
Research
PROFESSIONAL RESEARCHERS & OTHER RESEARCH SERVICES
PUBLICATIONS, SOFTWARE AND SUPPLIES
Books, Microfilm & Microfiche
Magazines, Newsletters & Pamphlets
Software & Computers
Supplies
QUAKER
QUERIES
REFERENCES AND SERVICES
Calendars & Dating
Dictionaries & Glossaries
Directories
Genealogists Helping Genealogists
Genealogy Terms and Phrases On a separate page.
General References & Misc.
Services
RELIGION
ROOTS-L
ROYALTY AND NOBILITY
SCANDINAVIA & THE NORDIC COUNTRIES
Denmark
Finland
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
SEARCH ENGINES
SHIPS, PASSENGER LISTS & IMMIGRATION
SOCIETIES AND GROUPS
SOUTH AFRICA
SPAIN, PORTUGAL & THE BASQUES
SURNAMES, FAMILY ASSOCIATIONS & FAMILY NEWSLETTERS
Sites or resources dedicated to specific, individual family surnames
SWITZERLAND
UNITED KINGDOM & IRELAND
General British Isles
Channel Islands
England
Ireland and Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
Scotland
Wales
UNITED STATES - individual page for each state, plus:
General U.S. Sites
Library of Congress
National Archives
Social Security
Territories & Possessions
U.S. - Census
U.S. - Civil War
U.S. - Military
USGENWEB & WORLDGENWEB PROJECTS
WESTERN EUROPE

Stop by, take a look and let me know what you think of the web site!
Good luck and happy surfing,
Cyndi Howells

http://www.oz.net/~cyndihow/sites.htm

This thread: