ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1997-04 > 38711

From: Cyndi Howells <>
Subject: Over 18,600 Links for Genealogy!
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 01:34:25 -0700

Hi everyone -

I just wanted to invite everyone to stop by my site:

Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
http://www.oz.net/~cyndihow/sites.htm

This site has over 18,600 categorized & cross-referenced links in over 60
different categories on over 195 separate web pages! I update the site
daily and work diligently to keep the links as current as possible.
Several categories have been recently re-organized a bit and there are a
few new categories as well. The latest are "Hit a Brick Wall?" and
"Biographies".

Acadian, Cajun & Creole
Adoption
African-American
Asia & The Pacific
Australia & New Zealand
Austria
Belgium
Biographies
Books, Microfilm & Microfiche
Calendars & Dates
Canada
General Canada Sites
Alberta
British Columbia
Manitoba
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories & The Yukon
Nova Scotia
Ontario
Prince Edward Island
Quebec
Saskatchewan
Cemeteries, Funeral Homes & Obituaries
Census Related Sites Worldwide
Databases, Search Sites, Surname Lists
Eastern Europe
Events & Activities
Finding People
Phone Numbers, E-Mail Addresses,
Mailing Addresses, Places, Etc.
France
Germans From Russia
Germany
Handy Online Starting Points
Heraldry
Hispanic, Central & South America, & The West Indies
Including Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean
Historical Events & People
Hit a Brick Wall?
How To
Huguenot
Humor & Prose
Italy
Jewish
Land Records, Deeds, Homesteads, Etc.
LDS & Family History Centers
Libraries, Archives & Museums
Magazines, Journals, Columns,
Newsletters & Pamphlets
Maps, Gazetteers & Geographical Information
Medieval
Mennonite
Military Resources Worldwide
Native American
The Netherlands
Newsgroups & Mailing Lists
Newspapers
Odds & Ends
Personal Home Pages
Photographs & Memories
Poland
Professional Researchers, Volunteers
& Other Research Services
Quaker
Queries
Recipes, Cookbooks & Family Traditions
Religion & Churches
ROOTS-L & RootsWeb
Royalty & Nobility
Scandinavia & The Nordic Countries
General Scan. & Nordic Sites
Denmark
Finland
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Search Engines
Ships, Passenger Lists & Immigration
Societies & Groups
Software & Computers
South Africa
Spain, Portugal & The Basques
Supplies, Charts, Forms, Etc.
Surnames, Family Associations & Family Newsletters
Switzerland
Terms, Phrases, Dictionaries & Glossaries
United Kingdom & Ireland Index
General UK Sites
Channel Islands
England
Ireland & Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
Scotland
Wales
United States
An individual page for each U.S. state plus
General U.S. Sites
Library of Congress
National Archives
Social Security
Territories & Possessions
U.S. - Census
U.S. - Civil War ~
~ War for Southern Independence
U.S. - Military
USGenWeb & WorldGenWeb Projects
Western Europe

Please use the site as your own personal set of genealogy bookmarks!

Successful surfing,

Cyndi Howells

Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet
http://www.oz.net/~cyndihow/sites.htm

Cyndi's Genealogy Home Page Construction Kit
http://www.oz.net/~cyndihow/construc.htm

Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society
http://www.rootsweb.com/~watpcgs/tpcgs.htm

This thread: