ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1997-06 > 44818

From: (Cynthia Crigler)
Subject: CRIGLER, HARRIS, RHOADES?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:47:33 -0600

Who were James CRIGLER and Isa Dora HARRIS?

My supposed 2g grandfather, James CRIGLER, b. 1828 Madison Co. VA. He moved
with his parents, Joel Crigler and Rosanna FRAY, and a large number of
other Germanna Colony II (VA) descendents to Monroe Co. MO in 1836. James
disappeared after 1850. My grandfather James H. Crigler Jr. was born in St.
Joseph MO 1902. His father, James H. Crigler Sr. died when he was an
infant. I have about 2000 names of Criglers and related families but almost
nothing on my James.

James's siblings:
Sarah Katherine [Allison], b. January 10, 1830
Martha Elizabeth [Crigler], b. July 14, 1832
Frances Virginia [West], b. October 2, 1838
Hester Amanda [Bannister], b. December 31, 1841
Ann Eliza [Crigler Scobie], b. January 9, 1845

James supposed son:
James Henry CRIGLER Sr, d. c. 1903, St Joseph MO (My ggrandfather)
*****
My ggrandmother was Isa Dora HARRIS, b. 4/14/1870 in Adams Co. OH, d.
1/7/1949, St Joseph MO. Her parents were William HARRIS and Lucinda
RHOADES. I have a photograph of a John HARRIS who I think was her brother,
as well as photos of many other relatives. She had three sisters, Myrtle
BURRELL, Ollie DODD and Maggie MASSA.

She moved to St. Joseph, Missouri in 1898. She married James Henry CRIGLER
Sr (my ggrandfather), later married A.C. DUNCAN. I know she had one son,
James Henry CRIGLER Jr, b. 1902, St Joseph MO.

She had a daughter, Myrtle WEED. I'm not sure who her father was. In
photographs she is at least 15 to 16 years older than James Henry Jr.

Anyone know these people?

Cynthia Crigler
Milwaukee WI

This thread: