ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1997-12 > 67557

From: Steven Schlossman <>
Subject: Searching SCHLOSSMAN; anywhere; anytime
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:00:29 -0500

It's been awhile since I've thrown this message out.

I've been doing a one-name study on SCHLOSSMAN.

*My* SCHLOSSMAN family may be from the PODOLIA region for Russia,
now the Ukraine and once Poland.
My grandmother Pauline BREITMAN may have been from the same region.

I have collected data on +1500 Schlossman families.
And my database is now +2400 names.

I've scoured the FHC @ LDS, The National Archives, Public Libraries, Obits.
INS came up with nothing. No military records in St. Louis.

Some Schlossmans immigrated to the US from Latvia, Russia, Poland, Germany.
I've been corresponding with families from Sweden, Denmark, Canada.

I'm told that there are SCHLOSSMANs in Canada and maybe England.

I have the earliest SCHLOSSMAN dated to 1752 in the US.

SCHLOSSMAN may also be spelled
o SCHLOSSMANN
o SCHLOESSMAN
o SCHLESSMANN
o SHLOSSMAN
o SCHLOZMAN

Any help is *greatly* appreciated.
Please don't send me listings from a US CD ROM.

Been there, done that ;)
Also Canada shows no Schlossmans :(
I have all the Schlossmans in Sweden.

I've started putting together my family history at
http://www.happytogether.com/genealogy

Respond privately as I may not be subscribed to this list/newsgroup.

steven

This thread: