ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-06 > 86480

From: John McCormick <>
Subject: Small Treasure Chest !!!!!!
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 1956 21:37:30 -0700

Hello Rooters,

My husband went to an estate sale today and,sweetheart that he is,came
home with 2 big boxes of WILLS,DEEDS,DIVORCE PAPERS,FACTS FOR DECLARATION OF
INTENT,ETC. They date from the late 1800's - 1940's.

It is going to take me awhile to go through them all,but I will try and post
some of the surnames and dates and type of documents every day until I have
gone through them all.

If you see a surname that could be yours,just give me an e-mail and we will
check it out.

Facts for Declaration of intention

1.KATAVICH,Anton b.29apr1889-age26,emigrated from Wellington ?,New Zealand to
SanFrancisco,CA.-arrived in U.S. 04jan1912,on the Tahiti.

2.FINGAHL,Ivar b.08apr1892-age23,emigrated from Liverpool,England to New
York,NY..-arrived in U.S. 08jun1913,on the Marritania.

Will post more after I have had a chance to go through them,I know what I'll
be doing for the next few weeks !!!.

Maggie

This thread: