ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94728

From: "Rowe" <>
Subject: company reprints genealogies
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:51:37 +0100

Hi, Rooters,

I had a good experience with a company, and thought I would share it. I
have no affiliation with the company, just thought that others out there
might benefit from hearing about'em:

Higginson Book Co., Salem, MA, reprints "American Local, & County
Histories, Reference Books, and Research Aids, Historic Maps, and Family
Histories/Genealogies". They have an amazing catalog, full of those books
that you know some distant "cousin" has and you would just love to get your
hands on. The Family History Catalog of books costs $4.00, the Source
catalog, $3.00.

I just purchased a reprint of and 1898 Genealogy of my family, and am quite
thrilled. The books are not inexpensive, and the quality isn't the
greatest (it looks like someone photocopied the original book and bound
it), but to me it was well worth the expense. I don't recommend spending
extra money to get the hardbound version.

Their snail mail address is Higginson Book Co., 148 Washington St, PO Box
778, Salem Ma 01970; phone is 978-745-7100, fax is 978-745-8025; and their
email is . They accept visa & mc. Because each book is
printed when you order, delivery takes 6 - 10 weeks.

Cheers,
Kathleen

This thread: