ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94825

Subject: HELP!!! Brick Wall in Connecticut!!!
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 15:12:03 -0800

Hi Rooters,
I'm desparately seeking parents of Job WILLIAMS, who was born in 1772
in Connecticut. I've written to the Connecticut State Library and they
searched the Barbour Collection, Connecticut Bible Records, Connecticut
newspaper marriage notices, 1755-1865, and Connecticut church records
(25% of available records in Archives). Does anyone know where I could
turn next? Job did live later in Ontario County, New York and I will
search early land records there for some clue about family, but aside
from that, I need some help or advice. I'm going to Salt Lake on
October 18th for 8 exciting days, and I'd love to be able to know where
to search for this particular problem. Any words of wisdom would be
very much appreciated.
I have also tried searching through Rev. War Pension Applications to
see if Job was listed as a dependent, but to no avail so far.
Thanks in advance,
Linda in Portland

This thread: