ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94894

From: "Doris A. Smith" <>
Subject: need help deciphering a photographer's mark
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 22:11:59 -0500

I have an old picture that I cannot identify. Perhaps if I knew where it
was taken I would have a clue. The picture is in a trifold "frame" that is
a mottled brownish color. The picture is in the center portion and the left
flap is slightly larger than the right flap. The entire trifold frame is
12.25 inches wide by 8.5 inches tall. The photograph is 3.5 wide by 5.5
tall. On the outside of the left flap is an embossed emblem in an
elongated, curved triangle shape, that looks like one of the "purses" that
a Scotsman wears on his kilt - with an envelope-like flap that has a rose
and tassel on it. On the center section, under the window containing the
photograph is the name of the studio, which is no longer completely legible
- it looks like "Mykh (or r)...". Under that is "Eagle Grove."

Does anyone have any idea where the photograph might have been taken? If I
knew where it was taken, I'd know whether it belonged with my paternal
photographs or my maternal photographs.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Doris A. Smith

This thread: