ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94912

From: "Larry Gosnell" <>
Subject: Need HELP with Danish Genealogy
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 21:09:24 -0500

I need some advise on the following information that I think may be on my
ancestor.
His name in the USA was James W. Peterson b-DEC 1847 Copenhagen, Denmark.
Came to I think New York City in 1874.
I am new to Nordic genealogy and would appreciate any thoughts on what
information
and clues can be learned from the info below.
Would Kobenhavn be a County? What is or where is Hoje Taastrup? Can I narrow
down
which Parish the christening would have been at? Is there a good possibility
that there
could have been more than one Jens Pedersen born in Kobenhavn in Dec.1847?

Jens Pedersen
Christening 27 Dec 1847
Hoje Taastrup, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Father: Peder Jorgensen
Mother: Sidse Hansdatter
(Source information-extracted birth and/or christening record for:
Hoje Taastrup, Kobenhavn, Denmark. Film # 048253, years covered 1816-1852)

Sincerly...Larry Gosnell

This thread: