ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94953

Subject: (no subject)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:11:57 EDT

I have had a little experience with Danish Genealogy. My grandfather was born
in
Copenhagen in 1905 and came here in 1919.

Your questions on the following:
Jens Pedersen
Christening 27 Dec 1847
Hoje Taastrup, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Father: Peder Jorgensen
Mother: Sidse Hansdatter
(Source information-extracted birth and/or christening record for:
Hoje Taastrup, Kobenhavn, Denmark. Film # 048253, years covered 1816-1852)

The Hoje Taastrup is the parish he was christened in.
Kobenhavn is Copenhagen in Danish.
Yes, there could be more then one Jens Pedersen born at that same time, not
real likely. Census information may be more helpful in determining if there
was more then one Jens Pedersen born at that time.
And now, after determining you most likely have the right Jens Pedersen, you
can use his parents information to search census information.
I have found the Danes to be very helpful in genealogy research and have some
research sites. If your interested let me know and I will send them to you.

Sally Peterson

This thread: