ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94987

Subject: Lousiana Death index????
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 12:56:14 EDT

Hello, searchers,
I wonder if there is a Lousiana death index, as there is in some states? I am
trying to learn if John Grant McKinney, who died October 26, 1929, died in
Shreveport, as family stories indicate? He lived for years, and raised his
family, in Rockwall Co., Texas, but a note in an old bible that a descendant
has says he died in Shreveport, LA, and we would like to locate proof of this.
If there is a death index that anyone has access to, would sure appreciate a
look-up. I will be more than happy to do any lookups you might need in SW MO,
or to pass your kindness on to someone else.
Thank you. Judy

This thread: