ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 94997

From: Charles <>
Subject: HOLDEN
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 16:07:25 -0800

I found this note appended to the passenger list of the Francis.
Do any of you have the descendants of these HOLDENS?
I am particularly interested in whether they are related to THOMAS
HOLDEN, who came from
MA to NC in the 1700s.

Charles Langley

"My ancestors sailed to the US on the Francis in 1634. Their names were
Richard and Justinian
HOLDEN. The log for the Francis as you have posted is incorrect. I have
copies of the log here and their names are:
Richard Holden 25 of Lindsey, county Suffolk Watertown (Destination)
Justinian Holden 23 of Lindsey, county Suffolk Watertown (Destination)
The surname is "HOLDEN" not "HOLDING"
The source number was 263, Banks The Planters of the Commonwealth. page
122

My webpage is http://www.flash.net/~robinl/jeffco.";

This thread: