ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95197

Subject: Cleaning grave markers.
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 08:08:22 EDT

Our veterans organization is planning on cleaning a number of veterans grave
stones. These grave stones are made of granite and are situated under trees
and have accumulated a lot of algae, etc.
Someone in our organization mentioned that they will clean well with water and
bleach. I don't believe that this is the best way. Somewhere this past year,
I remember some messages on a mailing lists that gave the directions for
cleaning grave markers and also protecting them from certain type cleaners.

Would someone be so kind as to republish the correct way to clean these
granite grave markers?

Please respond to me privately and not the whole list. Thank you.

Don Meenach

This thread: