ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95340

From: Margaret Clause <>
Subject: SCARRS of Omaha, Nebraska
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 19:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

Am attempting to trace the SCARRS of Omaha, Nebraska, in connection with the
PARKINSON family tree. Would hope to make contact with Kenneth Roland Scarr
or his wife, the former Vera Elizabeth Carter. Or either of their two sons -
Kimball Roy Scarr or David Russell Scarr.

Several years ago, in 1962, Gladdis Bethea Scarr, daughter of Harriet Jane
Parkinson & George Scarr, wrote a Parkinson family tree, which she kindly
distributed to Parkinson branches of Walpole Township, Haldimand County,
Ontario.

We have lost touch with Gladdis, born 1896, and believe that she died
sometime around 1989 to 1994. I am doing the PARKINSON history & have much
to share. Family we visit, mention Gladdis & remark how she was instrumental
in recording information about the Thomas & William Parkinson families.

Her parents - Harriet Jane & George Scarr, her brother Roy Ruston Scarr, &
her nephew George, son of Roy, are buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, Omaha.
Possibly Roy Ruston's wife, Ethel Letitia Rees, is interred there also.

Thanks for any help in making connections with the SCARRs of Omaha, Nebraska.

Margaret Close Clause
585 Con.10, Walpole Twsp.
R.R.5 Hagersville, Ontario, Canada
N0A 1H0