ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95494

From: "John Chmielewski" <>
Subject: Crystal Falls, Michigan help
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 19:43:15 -0400

I am trying to get some information on my father's family. His father was
Jozef Chmielewski and I have been told that they lived in Crystal Falls,
Iron County, Michigan in 1910. I have not been able to find them in the 1910
census, but the census has a Joseph Malaski with his wife Anna and children
Stanley, Frank, and Kaite. These could be their family as they sometimes
used that spelling. The census say's they lived in house #111.
Does anyone know if records are available from the local mining company, My
father talked about the Bristol mine and they lived in a company house. He
and his brother also went to school in Crystal Falls, are any school records
available from 1910.
Any help would be appreciated. John Chmielewski E-mail

This thread: