ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95527

From: Xenia <>
Subject: Re: Photographs and Phobias
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:08:41 -0600 (MDT)

Have not seen an answer but am behind in email. Anyway I did run into
this in New Guinea. I have also read this was a belief in many primitive
cultures. I am not saying your grandmother is primitive but that it is a
more common belief among those not used to photography so they do not
take it for granted like we do.

Xenia ()

%A.G.E. Ancestree Genealogical Enterprises %
%Suite 325, 300, 8120 Beddington Blvd. N.W.%
%Calgary, Alberta T3K 2A8 CANADA %

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Nancy Carter wrote:

> My grandmother used to hate to have her picture taken and said it would
> steal your soul.
> Has anyone heard this before?
> --
> Nancy in Williams, AZ
> Genealogy= Where you confuse the dead and irritate the living!
> Homepage:

This thread: