ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > ROOTS > 1998-10 > 95597

Subject: Bounced message re Cripple Creek
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:34:53 EDT

Sorry to use this method, but...

Carolyn,

Try: THE LABOR HISTORY OF THE CRIPPLE CREEK DISTRICT by Benjamin McK. Rastall,
Madison (Wisc) 1908. Bulletin of the University of Wisconsin #198; Economic
and Political Science Series, Volume 3, Number 1. Probably not in your typical
small library, I used it in college for a geography paper many moons ago. See
also RAILS AROUND GOLD HILL by Morris Cafky. Also, Teller County was once part
of El Paso County (same as Colorado Springs), but I am not sure of the year it
changed.

Good luck, as you probably will need a large library to find this. The one I
used had 6 million volumes.

Bill Abbott

This thread: